Updates at joncarllewis.com for the week of 12-18 December 2018.
New Thoughts and Reflections
- Faith seeking understanding #006: A call to compassion through mindfulness. A call to compassion from the scriptural account of Jesus and the woman taken in adultery. Published Wed, 12 Dec 2018.
- Faith seeking understanding #007: On just showing up, on making an attempt. A few words about simply showing up. Published Thu, 13 Dec 2018.
- Faith seeking understanding #008: On challenging the resistance to write. A cheeky reflection on beating resistance by writing about resistance. Published Fri, 14 Dec 2018.
- Faith seeking understanding #009: Exploring my hunger for male friendship, part 1. The beginning of a reflection on my hunger for male friendship… and my history of loneliness. Published Sat, 15 Dec 2018.
- Faith seeking understanding #010: Social fatigue, or Too burnt out to write. A very few thoughts on the tension between time in solitude and time in society I face as a writer. Published Sun, 16 Dec 2018.
- Faith seeking understanding #011: Finding my faith through spiritual practice. A reflection on my journey from faith to spiritual crisis and back to a faith transformed. Published Mon, 17 Dec 2018.
- Faith seeking understanding #012:Digesting my spiritual food. A reflection on the time it takes to assimilate a number of spiritual lessons. Published Tue, 18 Dec 2018.
Thank you for your time and attention.
I’d love to know your thoughts on what you’ve read.
Please comment, below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May God richly bless you on your journey.
Unless otherwise noted, this page and its contents © 2018-2020 Jon Carl Lewis.