Updates at joncarllewis.com for the week of 16-22 January 2019.
New Thoughts and Reflections
- Faith seeking understanding #041: On knowing where to look. A reflection on where to search for inspiration. Published Wed, 16 Jan 2019.
- Faith seeking understanding #042: On practicing the discipline of reticence. A reflection on not being able to publish until the time is right to share certain truths. Published Thu, 17 Jan 2019.
- Faith seeking understanding #043: Bringing discipline to my literary consumption (or, on ceasing to be an intellectual glutton). A resolution to slow down and digest my literary food so I can reflect more coherently on it later. Published Fri, 18 Jan 2019.
- Faith seeking understanding #044: On fig leaves, masks and shame. A brief meditation on what to conceal and what to reveal. Metaphorically speaking, of course. Published Sat, 19 Jan 2019.
- Faith seeking understanding #045: On respectfully breaking the sabbath. On writing every day whether or not someone says I should. Published Sun, 20 Jan 2019.
- Faith seeking understanding #046: Following Ariadne’s thread. A poetic meandering on following and being followed by other writers. Published Mon, 21 Jan 2019.
- Faith seeking understanding #047: On two types of creative vision. Published Tue, 22 Jan 2019.
- I added a Reviews section under My Writings to track my thoughts and reflections on various works of art I have encountered.
Thank you for your time and attention.
I’d love to know your thoughts on what you’ve read.
Please comment, below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May God richly bless you on your journey.
Unless otherwise noted, this page and its contents © 2018-2020 Jon Carl Lewis.